The society of Catechist sisters of St.Ann began with the gathering of seven young girls in 1914. Rev. Fr. Silvio Pasquali, members of the Potential institute for Foreign Mission (PIME) was their inspiration and founder. Being an ardent lover of humanity, his heart always burned with love for children. It is his noble Endeavour to provide quality education to the citizens of the country irrespective of caste, creed or religion. Servant of God Fr.Silvio Pasquali, thus established the congregation of C.S.A. in 1918. Having made giant strides, on 5th January, 1954, the congregation of C.S.A. Became an autonomous institute. On June 12th, 1999, the congregation was granted pontifical status and addressed thereafter officially as "The Pontifical Religious Institute of Catechist Sisters of St.Ann."
St. Ann's E/M School is a Catholic (Christian) Minority Institution established and administrated by the Society of Catechist sisters of St. Ann, Hyderabad, under the article 30(1) according to the Constitution of India.
The objectives of the Management are the culmination of the various and ignorance among the rural masses, which is the mission of Catechist Sisters of St. Ann. The management has extended its services to all the districts of TS and AP and also Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Kerala in India, as well as in Italy, Germany and Tanzania of North Africa. It is administering 70 educational; institutions, 11 colleges, 35 Hostels, 10 Hospitals, 10 Social service centers, 2 Home for aged, 68 old age support schemes and 34 charitable projects. 45,600 students are being created in these educational Institutions.